Amaranth Porridge with Apple & Almonds
- 1 cup amaranth Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha -
- 1 apple Vata + Pitta - - Kapha - or pear (Vata 0 Pitta - - Kapha +)
- 1 tsp. ghee Vata - Pitta - - Kapha +
- 1 date chopped (Vata - Pitta - Kapha +)
- 1/4 cup raisins Vata - Pitta - Kapha 0
- Pinch clove ground (Vata + Pitta - Kapha -)
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom ground (Vata - Pitta - Kapha -)
- Pinch salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- 5 cups water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- 1/4 cup almonds slightly roasted (Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- Dice the apple or pear to small, bite size, cubes.
- Heat the ghee in a medium cooking pot, on medium flame.
- When the ghee has melted, add the apple, raisins and date and mix.
- Add the cardamom and clove, stir and add the amaranth.
- Mix well.
- Add the water, bring to boil, add a pinch of salt and cook on medium flame, uncovered, until the desired consistency of cereal is achieved.
- Serve in bowls and top with almonds.