- 300 / 0.66 gr. / lb black berries Vata - Pitta + Kapha 0
- 1/2 cup red wine Vata + Pitta ++ Kapha - -
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar Vata - - Pitta + Kapha 0
- 1/3 cup cane sugar Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 1 Tbs. pomegranate molasses Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha -
- 1 sprig thyme Vata 0 Pitta + Kapha - -
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boil and cook on medium flame until the syrup consistency is achieved.
- Towards the end of cooking, stir the sauce while mashing some of the fruit on the margins of
- the saucepan, to obtain a more unified texture.
- To check if the sauce is ready: dip a table spoon or a wooden spoon in the sauce and make a line with your finger along the back of it.
- If the line remains steady with no leaking of the sauce, it is ready.