by Asaf Feit | Decrease Vata, Easy to Digest, Fall, Hot & Oily, Kidney Yang Deficiency, Liver Blood Deficiency, Nourishing, Recipes, Sauce, Spring, Stimulating, Winter |
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
- 300 / 0.66 gr. / lb black berries Vata - Pitta + Kapha 0
- 1/2 cup red wine Vata + Pitta ++ Kapha - -
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar Vata - - Pitta + Kapha 0
- 1/3 cup cane sugar Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 1 Tbs. pomegranate molasses Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha -
- 1 sprig thyme Vata 0 Pitta + Kapha - -
Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
Bring to boil and cook on medium flame until the syrup consistency is achieved.
Towards the end of cooking, stir the sauce while mashing some of the fruit on the margins of
the saucepan, to obtain a more unified texture.
To check if the sauce is ready: dip a table spoon or a wooden spoon in the sauce and make a line with your finger along the back of it.
If the line remains steady with no leaking of the sauce, it is ready.