Black bean – cooked
Black beans are regarded as beneficial for treating Deficient heat signs such as hot flashes, malar flush, and irritability, all related to Kidney Yin Deficiency. For the same reason, they are most popular during summer or among hot tropical countries.
Taste: Sweet, Astringent
Natural Attributes: Heavy, Dry
Tissue impact (Vipak): Sweet, nourishing
Thermal impact (Virya): cooling
Dosha impact: decrease Pitta and Kapha, increase Vata
Digestive impact (Agni): relatively hard to digest
Channels (Srotas): opens the channels
Feces: absorbs and retains
Strength (Bala): increases strength and immunity
Mind (Manas): decrease rajas
Effect: Immunomodulator, styptic, kidney tonic
Chinese five element impact: Water
Chinese medicine syndromes: Builds Kidney Yin fluids and blood
- Nourishment (rasa): strong food carvings, lower backache
- Fat: high cholesterol, losing weight,
- Bones-joints-tendon-ligaments: painful knees
- Reproductive and hormonal systems: menopause, hot flashes, reproductive system, impotence, involuntary seminal emission, infertility.
- Kidney-Bladder: kidney stones, bedwetting, urinary difficulty.
- Respiratory system: black bean juice is effective for hoarseness, laryngitis,
Harmful: unsuitable for a weak digestion, distension, flatulence