Bulgur, Pomegranate & Mint Salad
- 1 cup bulgur Vata - Pitta - - Kapha +
- 1 3/4 cups water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate Vata - Pitta - Kapha -
- 1/3 cup mint leaves chopped (Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha -)
- 7 chives chopped (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- Juice from 1 lemon Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -
- 3 Tbs. olive oil Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- Salt to taste Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- Black pepper to taste Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- Heat the bulgur in a dry cooking pot for 2 minutes. Add the water, bring to boil, cover and lower the flame.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
- Let cool.
- Mix in a large bowl the bulgur with the pomegranate seeds, mint and chives.
- Add the olive oil and the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.