Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger & Coconut Milk
- 1 butternut squash cut to medium size cubes (Vata - Pitta - Kapha 0)
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 1 cup coconut milk Vata – Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seeds Vata - - Pitta - Kapha -
- 1 cm fresh ginger grated (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- 10 drops fresh lime juice Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -
- 1/4 tsp. salt Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -
- Handful of almonds peeled and roasted (Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- Handful of parsley chopped (Vata 0 Pitta 0 Kapha - -)
- Pinch black pepper Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- Pinch nutmeg Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- Heat a large cooking pot on a medium flame with 1 Tbs. coconut oil.
- Add the fennel seeds and grated ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, coconut milk and lime juice, bring to boil and add the salt.
- Lower the flame, cover and cook until the butternut squash is soft.
- Grind the soup with a stick blender until texture is unified and smooth.
- Serve in personal bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, handful of almonds, pinch of black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.