Carrot Soup with Butter
- 6 carrots peeled and roughly sliced (Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha - -)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced (Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha 0)
- 1 onion sliced (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 4 cups water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- 1/4 tsp. rock salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme Vata 0 Pitta + Kapha - -
- 1 bay leaf Vata 0 Pitta 0 Kapha - -
- Pinch black pepper ground (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- 50 gr. / 1.75 oz. unsalted butter Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- Heat the butter in a large cooking pot and fry the onions.
- Add the garlic, carrots and herbs, add the water and bring to boil.
- Lower the flame, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- Puree with a stick blender until smooth and unified.
- If the soup is too thick, add a little boiling water to reach the desired consistency.
For Vata: add to the serving bowl chopped chives, 1 tsp. sour cream,
Gomasio or roasted pecans.
For Kapha: replace the butter with cold pressed sunflower oil, add to the
serving bowl chopped parsley, dried chili flakes or sunflower/pumpkin