Celery is a magical remedy for treating congestive Liver disorders from excessive long term consumption of animal protein, unhealthy fats and junk food. For the most potent effect, prepare celery juice. if digestion is compromised, cook in vegetable soup.
Taste: pungent, bitter
Natural Attributes: light, dry, mobile, clear
Tissue impact (Vipak): pungent (reducing)
Thermal impact (Virya): cooling
Dosha impact: Increases Vata, decreases Pitta and Kapha
Digestive impact (Agni): raw is difficult to digest (contains much roughage)
Channels (Srotas): opens
Feces: promotes bowel movement
Urine: strong diuretic
Strength (Bala): clears congestion and obstruction
Mind (Manas): Sattvic
Effect: diaphoretic, alkalizing, appetizer, digestive, carminative, spleen tonic, vasodilator,nervine
Chinese five element impact: Wood
Chinese medicine syndromes: Liver Phlegm Stagnation
- Blood-circulation-liver: hypertension, improves circulation,headache, red and burning eyes, clears and cools blood, bleeding caused by heat, acidity in blood.
- Bones-joints-tendon-ligaments: arthritis, rheumatism, gout
- Nervous system: dizziness, vertigo, nerve inflammation,
- Reproductive and hormonal systems: reduces lymphatic stagnation, vaginal discharges.
- Mental: nervousness
- Skin: acne
- Kidney-Bladder: dark and burning urination
- Digestive system: excess mucus, constipation
- Cleansing: maldigestion, aids detoxification.