Energy Balls with Dates & Walnuts
- 1/2 / 1.10 kg. / lbs. mejdool dates pitted and soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes (Vata - Pitta - Kapha +)
- 1 cup pecans Vata - Pitta + Kapha +
- 3 Tbs. tahini Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha ++
- 3 Tbs. organic peanut butter Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha ++
- 1 tsp. cardamom ground (Vata - Pitta - Kapha -)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- 1/2 tsp. dried ginger ground (Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha -)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric Vata + Pitta - Kapha - -
- 1 cup shredded coconut Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- Place the dates, pecans, tahini, peanut butter and spices in a food processor and grind until mixture is unified and smooth.
- Make from the batter about 25 tight balls.
- Pour to a plate the shredded coconut and roll each ball in the coconut flakes until evenly covered.
- Cool in the freezer for a few hours and store in the fridge.
- It is possible to take out the balls from the fridge in advance, to avoid eating cold.