Millet with Zucchini & Almonds
- 1/2 cup millet Vata ++ Pitta - Kapha - -
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped (Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- 1 large zucchini cut to small cubes (Vata 0 Pitta - - Kapha 0)
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- 1/4 tsp. rock salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped (Vata + Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 1/2 cup dill chopped (Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha -)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- Roast the millet in a dry cooking pot, with no oil or water, until browning and a nutty fragrance is noticeable.
- Add the zucchini cubes and almonds and mix.
- Add 1 and 1/4 cups of boiling water and the salt, lower the flame and cover.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until millet is ready.
- Place the millet in a bowl and mix with coriander, dill and olive oil.