This substantial meat builds blood and strength (balya). It’s strengthening qualities are ideal for weak, or deficient persons. Its oily and hot qualities make it the quintessential pitta-kapha aggravating food. Pork increases sweating.
Natural Attributes: Heavy, Oily, sticky
Tissue impact (Vipak): Sweet, nourishing
Thermal impact (Virya): Neutral
Dosha impact: Decrease Vata, Increase Kapha and pitta
Digestive impact (Agni): hard to digest
Channels (Srotas): closes the channels
Feces: enhances bowel movement
Strength (Bala): highly increases strength and immunity
Mind (Manas): Tamas (short term effect), Rajas (long term effect)
Chinese five element impact:
Chinese medicine syndromes: kidneys, spleen-pancreas, stomach ; nurtures yin
- Nourishment (rasa): ideal for the deficient, and those with weak, dry, nervous and thin constitutions, gaining weight, treating weakness, exhaustion
- Blood-circulation-liver: conditions of dryness (lips, nose, throat, skin)
- Reproductive and hormonal systems: fertility
- Vital essence: wasting stage of diabetes
- Respiratory system: dry cough (defatted soup)
- Digestive system: constipation (defatted soup)
Harmful for: obesity and other Kapha disorders, weak digestion, diarrhea, hypertension,conditions of yellow mucus (mucus+heat conditions), stagnant phlegm conditions causing tiredness, pain, spasm, paralysis.
- Pork liver: builds the blood and strengthens the liver, treats edema, benefits the eyes in cases of weak vision, night blindness,and pink-eye.