Rice & Meat Cutlets
Ingredients (for 15 cutlets):
- 300 / 10.5 gr. / oz. ground beef Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha ++
- 2 cups white rice cooked (1 cup uncooke(Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- 1 small onion finely chopped (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 1 medium size carrot finely grated (Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha - -)
- 1 garlic clove crushed (Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha 0)
- 3 eggs Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- Handful of parsley chopped (Vata 0 Pitta 0 Kapha - -)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- 1 tsp. cumin Vata - Pitta + Kapha -
- 1/2 tsp. salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- 1/2 tsp. ground fennel seeds Vata - - Pitta - Kapha -
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 4 Tbs. olive oil Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- 1 large onion chopped (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced (Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha 0)
- 3 celery stalks no leaves, chopped (Vata - Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 1/2 / 1 kg. / lb. sherry tomatoes halved or 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped (Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha +)
- 1 package 300 gr. / 10.5 oz. crushed tomatoes crushed (Vata - Pitta + Kapha +)
- 1-2 cups water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- 1 tsp. sugar Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper ground (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- 1 tsp. salt add in the end of cookin(Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
Instructions for the cutlets:
- Mix all ingredients to a unified mixture.
- Create cutlets with wet hands, tighten well and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C/356 °F, for 20 minutes.
- Then turn the cutlets over and bake for 10 more minutes, until golden.
Instructions for the sauce:
- Fry in oil the onion and celery.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, water and pepper.
- Bring to boil, lower the flame, cover and simmer for about an hour, until the tomatoes are soft and falling apart.
- Add salt when ready.
- Make sure there are enough fluids during the cooking.