For thin porridge:
- 1/2 cup semolina flour Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 2 cups milk Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 2 cups water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
For thick porridge:
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 1 tsp raisons Vata - Pitta - Kapha 0
- 1 tsp date syrup Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- Handful of almonds peeled (Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- Pinch ground cinnamon Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- Pinch ground cardamom Vata - Pitta - Kapha -
- Melt the oil in a saucepan, pour in semolina and stir while roasting for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the raisons and mix.
- Add the water and milk and cook for several minutes, while whisking, until porridge is ready.
- Place in serving bowls, top with almonds, sprinkle with cinnamon and cardamom and drizzle date syrup.
For Pitta: if digestion is strong or rapid, replace the white semolina with whole wheat semolina or add cubed pear. Replace cow's milk with soy or almond milk.
For Vata & Pitta: if more fat is needed, add to the bowl one extra tsp. of ghee or almond butter.
For Vata: replace the date syrup with maple syrup. Replace the coconut oil with ghee. Add to the bowl 1-2 Tbs. of natural fatty yoghurt.