Spicy Sweet Potato
- 2 sweet potatoes diced (Vata - - Pitta - Kapha +)
- 1 onion sliced (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 1/3 cup boiling water used by the end of the onion frying Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- 2 pinches cinnamon Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- 2 pinches dried ginger powder Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha -
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds Vata - Pitta ++ Kapha - -
- 2 pinches nutmeg Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- 2 pinches rock salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- 2 tsp. sesame oil Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha 0
- Put the sweet potato cubes in a small cooking pot, cover with water and cook until al dente. Make sure the sweet potato is soft but firm.
- Drain the water and set aside.
- Fry in oil the mustard seeds until they pop, add the onion and fry until golden.
- Add all spices but the salt, mix, add 1/3 cup boiling water and the sweet potato cubes and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the salt and close the flame.