Sprouted Lentils, Celery, Red Pepper & Portobello Mushroom Salad
- 1/2 cup green lentils sprouted (Vata + Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 1 cup lukewarm water Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha +
- 2 Tbs. olive oil Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +
- 2 cloves garlic crushed (Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha 0)
- 3-4 celery stalks and leaves chopped (Vata - Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced (Vata ++ Pitta - - Kapha - -)
- 5 Portobello mushrooms thickly sliced (Vata ++ Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped (Vata 0 Pitta 0 Kapha - -)
- 1/2 bunch dill chopped (Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha -)
- 2 Tbs. sunflower seeds roasted (Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha -)
- Juice from 2 limes Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha -
- 1 lime chopped (Vata - Pitta 0 Kapha -)
- Rock salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- Black pepper ground (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
Begin with the sprouting:
- Begin with the sprouting:
- Put 1 cup of lentils in lukewarm water and soak for the night.
- In the morning, drain and place in a strainer.
- By noon, beginning of sprouting will be noticeable.
- In a medium cooking pot, put the lentils in water and bring to a gentle boil.
- Lower the flame and cook for 10 minutes, until partially softened.
- Strain and cool.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and briefly fry the garlic.
- Add the celery, red pepper and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped greens for a quick, 2-3 minutes long frying.
- Add the cooked lentils and mix well until all the mixture is warm and equally mixed.
- Close the flame.
- Add the chopped lime and lime juice and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.