Sprouted Lentils & Sweet Potato Salad
- 1/2 cup sprouted green lentils Vata + Pitta - - Kapha -
- 1 large sweet potato Vata - - Pitta - Kapha ++
- 1 small rosemary sprig Vata 0 Pitta + Kapha - -
- 1/2 tsp. rock salt Vata - - Pitta + Kapha ++
- 2 Tbs. olive oil Vata - - Pitta + Kapha ++
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds peeled and roasted (Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha -)
- 1/4 cup almonds peeled, roasted and halved (Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped (Vata + Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped (Vata 0 Pitta 0 Kapha - -)
- 1/2 bunch chives chopped (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- 1/4 cup olive oil to taste (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha +)
- 1 tsp. salt to taste (Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper to taste (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- Fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon to taste (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
Sprouting the lentils:
- Day 1 - Put the lentils in a bowl of water to cover and soak for 24 hours.
- Strain and change the water 3 times during the day.
- Day 2 - Place the lentils in a wide strainer and cover with a wet towel (make sure the towel is always wet).
- Day 3 - Same as day 2. At this stage, a small root sprouts out of the lentils and sometimes also the stem.
- The lentils are ready and can be stored in a closed box in the fridge for 2 days.
Roasting the sweet potato:
- Finely dice the sweet potato and season with rosemary, Atlantic sea salt and olive oil.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 220 °C/428 °F, for 15 minutes and let cool.
- Separately roast the sunflower seeds and the almonds, in a Teflon skillet or an oven.
- Mix the chopped greens, the sprouted lentils and the sweet potato in a bowl.
- Season to taste with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon and serve.