Stir Fried Tofu & Leafy Greens
For the tofu marinade:
- 1 package of tofu cut into 1cm cubes (Vata + Pitta - - Kapha ++)
- 3 Tbs. sunflower oil Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha 0
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds ground (Vata - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds ground (Vata - - Pitta - Kapha -)
- 1 tsp. turmeric Vata + Pitta - Kapha - -
- 4 Tbs. soy sauce Tamari/Shoyu Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
For stir frying:
- 1 Tbs. sunflower oil for greasing the wok Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha 0
- 1 red onion finely sliced (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 1 clove garlic finely sliced (Vata - - Pitta ++ Kapha 0)
- 1/4 of a lemon finely sliced (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -
- 2-3 stalks Swiss chard roughly cut (Vata + Pitta - Kapha -)
- 1 endive roughly cut (Vata + Pitta - - Kapha -)
- 5-6 Romaine lettuce leaves roughly cut (Vata + Pitta - - Kapha -)
- Handful of chopped Wakame seaweed - soaked in water until soft Vata 0 Pitta - - Kapha -
- Handful of sunflower sprouts Vata 0 Pitta - - Kapha -
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade, dice the tofu and marinate for two hours or more.
- Stir every once in a while.
- Grease the wok with 1 Tbs. of oil.
- Fry on medium flame the onion until lightly golden.
- Add the tofu and fry until golden.
- Add garlic, lemon slices,
- grated ginger, chard and endive, stir and fry for 2 more minutes until they decrease in volume.
- Put in the lettuce and fry for another minute.
- Close the flame, add Wakame and sunflower sprouts.
- Serve with grains or noodles.