Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes Vata - - Pitta - Kapha +
- 3/4 cup wheat flour Vata - Pitta - Kapha ++
- 10 Medjool dates Vata - Pitta - Kapha +
- 4 Tbs. cocoa powder Vata ++ Pitta - - Kapha -
- 100 g. high quality bitter chocolate Vata 0 Pitta - Kapha 0
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract Vata - Pitta - - Kapha +
- 1 tsp. orange/lemon zest Vata + Pitta 0 Kapha - -
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (Vata - Pitta + Kapha 0)
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut to cubes and place in a steamer basket or a steaming pot.
- Do not cook the sweet potatoes in water, to avoid excessive fluids.
- Melt the chocolate on a Bain Marie, add the cocoa powder and mix until the cocoa diffuses in the chocolate.
- Pit the dates and soak in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Grind until the mixture is unified and soft.
- Check the flavors and adjust if needed.
- Place a baking sheet on a flat baking dish and flatten the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out dry.
- Let cool and cut to squares.