Sweet Pumpkin Dish
- 300 / 10.5 gr. / oz. pumpkin peeled and cut to large cubes (Vata - Pitta - Kapha -)
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut to large cubes (Vata - - Pitta - Kapha +)
- 2 onions cut to large cubes (Vata - - Pitta + Kapha -)
- 1 cinnamon stick 5 cm long (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric Vata + Pitta - Kapha - -
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar Vata - Pitta - - Kapha ++
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper ground (Vata - Pitta + Kapha - -)
- 1 tsp. rock salt Vata - - Pitta 0 Kapha +
- 1 Tbs. ghee Vata - Pitta - - Kapha +
- Handful of black raisons Vata - Pitta - Kapha 0
- Handful of almonds peeled (Vata - - Pitta - - Kapha +)
- Heat the ghee in a wide cooking pot.
- Fry the onions with the cinnamon stick until golden.
- Add the pumpkin and sweet potato cubes and season with sugar, turmeric, ground black pepper, salt and raisons.
- Add water almost to cover, lower the flame, cover and cook for about 40 minutes until the sweet potato and pumpkin cubes are soft and tender and the sauce thickens.
- When serving, top with peeled almonds.